Controlling vehicle speed with a speed bump or speed hump is the most effective method to improve the safety of a parking lot, driveway or private road. Choose from our large IN STOCK selection of rubber speed bumps or plastic speed bumps
High visibility road speed bumps or humps and signs are the best way to communicate to drivers to keep their speed to a minimum.
Each of the five types of speed bumps and speed humps that The Traffic Safety Store stocks are light enough to be transported and installed by one person with no heavy machinery to rent!
Benefits of recycled plastic or rubber Speed Bumps and Speed Humps over traditional asphalt or concrete bumps are:
- 100% recycled material
- Never need painting
- Easy one person installation
- Removable for snow plowing or pavement maintenance
- Cost effective, years of high performance with low maintenance
- Four different mounting hardware’s to choose from (included free of charge)
When to use a Speed Hump instead of a Speed Bump?
Speed Bumps are designed to:
- Improve pedestrian safety
- Reinforce stop signs in parking lots
- Reduce the risk of accidents on private residential streets, driveways and parking lots
Speed bumps are specifically made to slow drivers down to between 2 to 5 mph.
Speed Humps are designed to:
- Slow traffic on public roads such as schools, hospitals, anywhere reduced vehicle speeds are desired
- Be gentle enough so that emergency vehicles do not need to slow down
- Industrial areas or areas with heavy truck traffic where high speeds can lead to an overturned vehicle
Speed humps are specifically designed to slow vehicles to between 10 to 15 mph.
Yellow Recycled Plastic Speed Bumps
The Traffic Safety Store stocks five different lengths of solid recycled plastic speed bumps; 4’, 6’, 9’, 10’ and 12’ for immediate shipment. With ends that are straight up and down, you can combine bumps of different lengths to accommodate any width of parking lot or lane (for example, install a 4’ bump flush up against the end of a 9’ bump to cover 13’ of road surface. Drivers will never know it isn’t one continuous speed bump.)
A cost effective solution, since they are not hollow, our recycled plastic speed bumps are so durable that we offer a life-time replacement warranty against breakage*. In addition, our solid plastic speed bumps have their UV-stable safety yellow color molded in when they are manufactured – not simply coated on, and are resistant to salt and other chemicals.
With four types of mounting hardware to choose from; 12” galvanized steel spikes, 5” lag bolts and anchors, 3” Large Diameter ‘TapCons’ (LDT), or our exclusive Heavy Duty 18” galvanized steel spikes, plus a roll butyl adhesive tape that never dries out, free with each order of plastic speed bumps, nobody offers more choices of plastic recycled speed bumps than the Traffic Safety Store.